Monday, February 25, 2013

Things I found on a walk around the neighbourhood

IMG_3196

I have just moved to a new house in Lengkong Empat. A blog I had recreated for my previous house at Rowell Road featured a picture of my rabbit toy sitting on the window ledge looking out; here the same is happening, except now Kobain the rabbit is accompanied by his doppleganger, Cobain the cactus. As the construction noise was quite loud but the weather looked lovely outside, I went for a little walk around the block. I hoped to find the path to the overhead bridge across the PIE.

IMG_3206

The House.

IMG_3204

Some assorted pots.

IMG_3201

A series of clothing racks standing in the distance.

IMG_3202

The source of the godawful racket.

IMG_3199

The source of the godawful racket, shielded from view by some lovely plants.

IMG_3207

A construction noise monitoring device from "Straits Construction Singapore".

IMG_3230

A Flowering Cannonball Tree

IMG_3223

A useful if not alarming chart of 12 large breed dogs that must be muzzled in Public Places

IMG_3215

A sign for the Park indicating that it is an Interim Park for Temporary Use only.
Don't worry, I won't use the park for too long. Temporary only.

IMG_3241

A banana tree.

IMG_3255

A discarded bag in the grass, full of flowery braided women's belts.

IMG_3262

A POSB cash machine next to a sleepy industrial estate canteen. A useful find.
It is only 5 minutes away - a small jog up a hill along Chai Chee Lane.

IMG_3277

A snail, some squashed plants, and a housefly.

I did not find the overhead bridge to the PIE but maybe next time I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment